Tampa Museum Day
If you are a fan of museums then we have good news for you. This weekend many of Tampa’s premier museums will open their doors to the public, completely free of charge. This is a much-anticipated annual event in celebration of the Smithsonian’s Museum Day.
Of course, visitors will still need to acquire a ticket to be admitted to any of the Smithsonian’s museums. If you have other plans for the weekend, then have no fear as vouchers from September 24 to October 17 have also been made available to the public.
The Smithsonian’s Museum Day event is celebrated all over the country. Here is the list of participating museums in the Tampa area.
- Tampa Bay History Center, 801 Old Water St., Tampa
- Florida Museum of Photographic Arts, 200 N Tampa St., Tampa
- Henry B. Plant Museum, 401 W Kennedy Blvd., Tampa.
- University of Tampa’s Hartley Gallery, 310 N Boulevard, Tampa
- Cracker Country, 4800 U.S. 301, Tampa.
Museums offer opportunities for fun and learning for kids and adults alike. We highly recommend that you make the most of this event and visit as many locations as you can.